Motueka Community House
P O Box 350, MOTUEKA
LOCATION - Northern end of Deck's Reserve Carpark, opposite the Information Centre.
Phone: 03 528 0404
A number of representatives from several Community Groups got together originally to seek out a shared venue which could offer each of them a low rental. With their great enthusiasm and a lot of effort, the Motueka Community House was born.
On the 9th of November 1991 the House was officially opened. In June of the previous year Motueka's old Courthouse was cut in two, and lifted by crane to it's present site, where it was made whole again and renovated. The original groups within the house were Red Cross, Changing Men, Budget Advice, Maatua Whangai, the Employment Resource Centre, Adult Reading and Learning, Women's Support Link and Homebuilders - 7 groups in all.
Some of these organisations have moved on or folded now, but others are occupying their rooms within the house. In 2001 a decision was made to extend the facilities as there was an increased demand for Community Groups needing office space. We now have full occupation with 13 groups housed under our roof.
The House is an Incorporated Society, registered with the Charities Commission, and is run by a Committee which meets monthly.
GROUPS WITHIN THE HOUSE
- Community House Reception: (Hours - Monday to Friday, 9am - 3pm
or leave a message on the answer-phone) 03 528 0404
- Adult Learning Support: (By Appointment) - 03 548 3041. See their web page »
- Grey Power: (Hours 9am to 12.30pm Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays) - 03 528 9076. Web page »
- Fresh FM: - 03 528 6990
Or Nelson - 03 546 9892
- Motu Weka Neighbourhood Centre: (Hours: 9am to 12noon Monday - Thursday) - 03 528 8801.
- Motueka Maori Wardens: (Please leave a message on answer-phone) - 03 528 0080. See their web page »
- Nelson Bays Community Law: (Hours - 9am to 2pm Monday, Wednesday and Thursday - 0800 246 146
- Red Cross: (Hours - Mon, Tues, Thur, Friday 10am to 2pm and Wed 9am-1pm)
- Relationship Services: (By Appointment) - 0800 735 283
- SF Nelson-Motueka Office: (By Appointment) - 03 528 7790
- St Vincent de Paul: (Hours - Tuesday and Thursday 3pm to 4pm). See their web page »
- Vocational Insight: (By Appointment) - 03 547 6325
- Women's Support Link: (Hours - Monday to Friday 9am to 12 Noon) - 24 Hour Phone-line 03 528 8161. See their web page »
COMMUNITY MEETING ROOM (available 7 days weekly)
Hire Charges are:
$20 for Community Groups, for up to 4 hours
$30 for Commercial Groups or individuals, for up to 4 hours
$50 for Functions - Weddings, Birthdays, Funerals, for up to 4 hours
Bookings can be made between 9am and 2pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 1pm on Friday, or a message can be left on our answer-phone - 03 528 0404.
Facilities Include: 6 large tables, 1 small table, 50 chairs. Kitchen with instant hot water, stove and microwave, overhead projector, video/DVD and whiteboard.
The BE WELL service now available at Motueka Community House. Nelson Bays Primary Health (PHO) instigated the new BE WELL Motueka service with the object of pointing people in the right direction if they require a health or wellness service, and assisting people to be more responsible for their own health.
Motueka Community House holds the contract with the PHO for BE WELL Motueka and Gaile Douglas is the Motueka Co-ordinator. The Community House can now act as a one stop destination for people seeking information on local health and wellness related issues.
If people need information on where to access services such as smoking cessation, Green Prescription, General Practice, nutrition advice, Community Law, Brief Intervention for Mental Health, breastfeeding support etc, then Gaile is able to direct them to the appropriate agency. Or people may not even know what service they need, but again Gaile can help, only this time using the Be Well checklist.
So, if you need help simply come to the reception desk at Motueka Community House or call Gaile on 528 0404, and if you have a health service that you would like to be listed on their database please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ALSO AVAILABLE FROM RECEPTION
Photocopying - A4 = $0.10c each
A3 = $0.15c each
Typing Services at reasonable rates.
Our receptionist can also offer the public information and advice on what services can be accessed within Community House as well as groups and organisations which are available locally to meet people's needs.
COMMUNITY WHANAU MEETINGS
(All Community Groups are welcome), 12 noon to 1pm, first Wednesday of each month. Information here »
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING REPORTS